TRANSCRANIAL MAGNETIC STIMULATION THERAPY
An Effective New Depression Treatment Without Medication.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) is a technological breakthrough in the treatment of Major Depression. Cleared for use by the FDA in October 2008, TMS is a non-invasive, non-systemic treatment that utilizes MRI strength magnetic pulses to stimulate areas of the brain known to be underactive in depression.
TMS is a powerfully effective and safe treatment for Major Depression. TMS is non-systemic (not through the whole body like medication) and non-invasive (not entering the body). As a result, patients’ lives continue as normal during treatment.
Given in an office setting without anesthesia, treatments last about 30 minutes and are typically given 5 days a week for four to six weeks. Side effects are minimal and usually only involve discomfort at the site of treatment. Patients are able to work, go to school, or continue any of their daily activities.
TMS Therapy is an FDA approved, outpatient procedure performed in the offices of Southern California TMS Center. We currently have convenient treatment centers throughout Southern California, including Pasadena, Orange, Lake Forest, Long Beach, Rancho Cucamonga, Sherman Oaks, Thousand Oaks and West Los Angeles.
There is no substitution for experience.
With our passion for patient wellness and vast experience in TMS, Southern California TMS Center is a Leading Center of Excellence in the treatment of major depression utilizing this revolutionary technology.
Response rates to TMS exceed that of medication in treatment resistant patients.
- The evidence for the clinical efficacy of TMS in the treatment of depression is considerable, spanning more than 30 controlled clinical research studies, including NIMH sponsored studies.
- Easily tolerated. The most common side effect is mild scalp pain or discomfort
- Non-invasive and non-systemic
- No anesthesia or sedation
- No adverse effects on memory
- No change in daily activities
- Adopted by insurers covering 216 million US lives
IS TMS RIGHT FOR ME?
- Have you taken more than 1 anti-depressant medication?
- Have medications failed to provide adequate benefit for your depression?
- Do the side effects from your medication outweigh the benefit?
- Has depression increased your doctor visits for other healthcare conditions?
- Is depression affecting your ability to make a living?
- Does depression still have too much control over your life?
If the answer is yes to any of the above questions,
TMS is a treatment option.